|Season 01, Episode 20|
|Air Date||February 9, 2001|
|Writer|| Tom Burkhard|
|Next||A Weak First Week|
Almost Perfect was the twentieth episode of the first season of Even Stevens. It originally aired on Disney Channel on February 9, 2001.
Ren reflects on the fact that everyone expects her to be perfect when she gets a "C" in woodshop. Meanwhile, Louis gets assigned a janitor's closet as a temporary locker, which he decks out as a his own retreat. Ren looks like a shoo-in for "Student of the Semester" and among her biggest supporters are Principal Wexler and two admiring young cub reporters, Carla and Marla, who are writing about her for the school paper. But the unthinkable could happen: in Mr. Rupert's wood shop class Ren may get a "C" on her final project.
Louis helps her to cope with the possibility that she may have to accept less than perfection. Meanwhile, Louis' locker has become a mess, and it's not all his fault this time, as a broken steam pipe is creating new life-forms in the muck. Principal Wexler gives him a dusty old janitor's closet as a temporary space, and Louis uses it to create "Casa de Fiesta", a spot which becomes as popular as Studio 54 among the students.
- Shia LaBeouf as Louis Stevens
- Christy Carlson Romano as Ren Stevens
- Nick Spano as Donnie Stevens
- Tom Virtue as Steve Stevens
- Donna Pescow as Eileen Stevens
- A.J. Trauth as Alan Twitty
- George Anthony Bell as Principal Conrad Wexler
- Samantha Brooks as Carly Blaine
- Joe Flaherty as Mr. Rupert
- Lisa Foiles as Carla
- Krysten Leigh Jones as Marla
- Niner Parikh as Construction Foreman
- Carly Blaine is identified as Twitty's cousin.
- Twitty states "Carly, how are ya?" right before he asks Carly her name. Twitty seems to be very lightheaded in earlier episodes.
- When Twitty asks Louis if he has any umbrellas for the drinks, he's looking directly at the cup that holds them, with no obstruction.
- When Louis and Principal Wexler are looking into Louis' locker, Louis tells Wexler to look at the left corner, and points to his right (the camera's left.)
- Louis calls the guitar in the former storage room a bass, yet there are six strings on it, and they're the standard length and gauge as a normal 6 string acoustic guitar. Also, he says "that's not a guitar, that's a bass." A "bass" is as much of a guitar as a standard acoustic.
- Louis is walking up the line outside his "casa de fiesta" greeting people. In the next shot he's behind some of the same students he just passed up.
|Strictly Ballroom||A Weak First Week|