|Season 1, Episode 1|
|Air date||June 19, 2000|
|Written by||Ehrich Van Lowe|
|Directed by||Paul Hoen|
Swap.com was the first episode of the first season of Even Stevens. It originally aired on Disney Channel on June 19, 2000.
Louis trades a date with Ren to Ernie Morton for a trading card, the Roaring Drycon, unbeknownst to Ren. Meanwhile, Ren needs to find four hours of volunteer time to be designated the "Volunteer of the Month", in her quest to stay the #1 student at her school. Taking advantage of this, Louis tells Ren that Ernie is part of the "Adopt-a-Friend" program to get her to spend time with him and fulfill Louis's part of the bargain.
Although Ernie doesn't get his hoped for kiss from Ren, the four hours suffice and he gives Louis the trading card. This causes Louis to feel guilty and he trades the card in and gets Ren a necklace she had previously admired. The next day at school, Ren finds out the "Adopt-a-Friend" program isn't school sanctioned and confronts Ernie who has been telling people of their "date." After school, Louis explains that he was at fault and gives Ren the necklace. Ren then apologizes to Ernie, who request and receives a hug.
- Shia LaBeouf as Louis Stevens
- Christy Carlson Romano as Ren Stevens
- Nick Spano as Donnie Stevens
- Tom Virtue as Steve Stevens
- Donna Pescow as Eileen Stevens
- Margo Harshman as Tawny Dean
- A.J. Trauth as Alan Twitty
- Anthony Burch as Ernie Morton
- E.J. Callahan as Teacher
- Seth Adam Jones as Kid
- Megan Miyahira as Jewel
- Louis mentions that his mother has a Volvo, but that car is subsequently never seen in this series.
- South Creek Mall, the gang's favorite mall hangout, is mentioned for the first time here, though it was also mentioned in the flashback footage of "A Weak First Week", is actually from the earlier "Spivey's Kid Brother" incarnation of Even Stevens. The scenes at South Creek Mall were shot at the South Bay Galleria in Redondo Beach, California. Ren and Ernie are shown eating ice cream at a Johnny Rockets in that mall. This location is used in other episodes including "Quest for Coolness." South Bay Galleria's website.
- The card that Louis wanted is obviously an off-shoot of the late Pokémon craze.
- When Louis is talking to Ernie on the computer, Ernie looks at Louis, and starts eating. But wouldn't he have been caught with food before he entered the classroom? And if the teacher seems very smart, so he would have caught Ernie with the food.
- When Ren walks down the hall after the news about her and Ernie has gotten out, she passes up some of the same students twice (for instance a tall girl in a red sweater).